2. Description of Services. STACK may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as STACK may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any STACK systems, or the network(s) at STACK, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any STACK server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Use of services. You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not: a. Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise); b. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; c. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through STACK Services; d. Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
5. Confidentiality. a. You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by STACK or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities b. Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to I. maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence; II. not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties; III. not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to STACK or any participant or user of the Services. c. All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of STACK or the respective disclosing party.
7. Participation In or Use of Services. You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that STACK does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, STACK provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory
9. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall STACK, it’s owners, affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of STACK, and even if STACK has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
10. Termination. STACK reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. STACK further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
11. Severability. In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
15. Insurance. STACK carries an industry standard General Liability insurance policy.
16. Cancellation. All memberships are billed recurring on a monthly basis. Every membership can be cancelled by the member with no notice at any time.
17. Billing. All memberships are billed at level chosen by member. Either $75, $125, $200, or a group rate. Billing amount cannot be altered by STACK unless 60 days notice given. Members can select to change their membership type at any time.
18. Member Events
The Space shall be provided by the Owner as-is and Owner make no warranty regarding the suitability of the Space for Renter’s intended use.
After the completion of any Event, the Renter shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as received from the Owner.
Beyond ordinary wear and tear, Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused by Renter’s use of the Space. Renter shall arrange for the repair of any such damage. In the event if Renter does not make any necessary repairs, Owner shall arrange for the same at Renter’s expense.
Renter will be responsible for clearing all trash generated at the Event and depositing it in the proper waste receptacles on site.
Right of Entry
Owner shall have the right to enter the Space at any time for any reasonable purpose, including any emergency that may threaten damage to Owner’ property, or injury to any person in or near the Space.
Renter hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Owner from any damages, actions, suits, claims, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage to any property or any injury caused to any person (including death) caused by Renter’s use of the Space, including any acts or omissions on the part of Renter, its employees, officers, directors, independent contractors, or other agents. Renter shall notify Owner of any damage or injury of which it has knowledge in, to, or near the Space, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
Owner shall have the right to revoke the License at any time prior to the Event Date, provided it gives Renter prior written notice of revocation. In the event that Owner revokes the License prior to the Event for reasons other than nonpayment of fees or breach of this Agreement by Renter, Owner shall refund to Renter the full amount paid by Renter in connection with this Agreement, including the entire Deposit.
Renter may cancel the Event by notifying Owner by providing notice thirty (30) days or more before the Event Date. In such an event, Owner shall refund to Renter the full amount of the Rental Fee. In the event if the Event is cancelled within thirty (30) days of the Event Date, Owner shall have the right to retain the full Deposit.
Cobot is the web platform used by STACK to provide this website.
1.1. Upstream-Agile GmbH, Adalbertstraße 7-8, 10999 Berlin, registered with the commercial register of the local court (Amtsgericht) of Charlottenburg under HRB 110149 B (“upstream”) provides an application to manage coworking spaces via its website www.cobot.me (the “Service” or “Services” or “Cobot”) as further specified on www.cobot.me (the “Website”).
1.2. All contractual relationships between upstream and any customer of upstream using Cobot (“Customer”, together with upstream the “Parties”, each a “Party”) shall be governed by these terms of service (“Terms of Service”). By registering on the Website or using Cobot, the Customer agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service.
1.3. Standard business conditions and/or general terms and conditions of the Customer do not apply, regardless of whether or not upstream has expressly objected to them in a particular case.
2.1. Any use of Cobot requires prior registration on the Website by creating an account (“Account”) and the acceptance of these Terms of Service. Customer must provide accurate and complete information and keep the Account information updated.
2.2. Customer is solely responsible for the activity that occurs on their Account. Customer shall keep their login data (password) confidential and prevent any unauthorized use by third parties. He shall immediately inform upstream if there are indications that any third party is misusing their account.
3.1. Offers published by upstream on the Website are non-binding.
3.2. The Customer may use Cobot for a trial run after registering. The Customer may only register for a trial run once. If a Customer registers for more than one trial run, upstream will have the right to delete these additional Accounts.
3.3. By registering on the Website according to section 2 hereof and subscribing to a subscription plan, the Customer makes a binding offer to use the respective Services. The offer shall be deemed to be accepted by upstream by making available the respective Service. Upon the acceptance of a subscription a contract governed by these Terms of Service between the Customer and upstream is concluded (the “Contract”).
4.1. The price for using Cobot depends on the number of members which are using the coworking space of the respective Customer (each a “Member”).
4.2. The Customer will be required to provide upstream with billing and account information for credit card, debit or other payment systems, such as PayPal, (each a “Payment Source”) for which the Customer is authorized to approve charges to allow upstream to collect payment from the Customer for their subscription plan. The Customer authorizes upstream to automatically and immediately bill the Payment Source when payments for subscription plans are due. The Customer shall only be allowed to raise an objection to a bill/deduction within eighty days starting from the day the deduction was made. If the objection was not raised, the deduction is deemed accepted by the Customer.
4.3. The billing of a subscription plan is made on a pre-paid basis. The payment source will be billed within five bank working days of the beginning of the chosen subscription period and then on a monthly or, as applicable, annual basis.
4.4. The prices stated on the Website are net prices excluding VAT. All other charges in connection with the use of the Services shall be borne by the Customer.
5.1. The Contract runs for an indefinite time and will remain in effect until terminated by one of the Parties in accordance with the Terms of Service.
5.2. The Parties may terminate this Contract for any or no reason at their convenience to the end of each month.
5.3. The Customer having used the trial run may unsubscribe from Cobot anytime without giving reason and without notice by using the respective button in their account.
5.4. The right of termination for cause and without notice remains unaffected for both Parties. A good cause for termination shall include, but shall not be limited to, any of the following events:
5.4.1. the Customer fails to comply with any applicable legal provisions;
5.4.2. a serious breach of the Customer of obligations arising from these Terms of Service by the Customer;
5.4.3. an attempt a denial of service attack on any of the Services by the Customer or any attempt to hack or break any security mechanism on any of the Services;
5.4.4. the Customer fails to pay the fees for the ordered Services;
5.4.5. a proceeding to wind-up the Customer or similar is brought against, or by the Customer (especially including insolvency and creditor protection scenarios and similar).
5.5. Any termination declaration shall be made via the “termination” button within the Account.
5.6. In the event of termination,
5.6.1. the Account of the Customer will be disabled and the Customer may not be granted access to their Account or any files or other content contained in the Account although residual copies of information may remain in upstream’s system;
5.6.2. any rights of use granted to Customer for using Cobot shall expire immediately and Customer shall cease to use the Services;
5.6.3. upstream will not refund any prepaid fees to Customer.
5.7. After a period of inactivity, whereby a user fails to log in to an Account for a period of nine months, upstream reserves the right to disable or terminate the Account. If an Account has been deactivated for inactivity, the subdomain associated with that Account may be given to another Customer without further notice.
6.1. Subject to these Terms of Service, and for the duration of the Contract, upstream grants the Customer a non-exclusive license to use the Services, which non-exclusive license is hereby accepted by Customer (the “License”). The License shall be granted as non-exclusive, non-assignable, non- transferable, with no right to sub-license, worldwide limited right to use the Services. Customer is responsible for its staff’s compliance with the Terms of Service.
6.2. The scope of the License shall be subject to and limited by the number of Members as agreed between upstream and the Customer.
6.3. upstream does not claim any ownership in any of the content uploaded, transmitted or stored by the Customer in its Account. upstream will not use any of such content for any purpose except to provide the Customer with the Services.
7.1. The Customer agrees that they are responsible for their own communications and for any consequences thereof. The Customer shall act according to the destined functions of the Website and Services. Any inappropriate or illegal use, manipulation, or change of the Website and Services is prohibited. In particular, the Customer shall, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to:
7.1.1. use the Service to upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, contains malware or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by upstream;
7.1.2. upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations;
7.1.3. prevent others from using the Service; or
7.1.4. use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose.
7.2. upstream reserves the right to delete any infringing content according to this section 7, terminate the Services and/or suspend Accounts of a Customer that is violating any of these Terms of Service, in particular this section 7.
The Customer represents and warrants that (i) all information provided by them to upstream to participate in the Services is correct and current; and (ii) the Customer has all necessary right, power and authority to enter into the Contract and to perform the acts required of Customer hereunder.
9.1. The Customer will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless upstream and its officers, directors, employees for any and all claims, suits, litigation, causes of action, losses, damages, expenses, costs (including court costs and attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (“Losses”) that arise out of, or in connection with (i) the Customer’s use of the Website and/or Services; (ii) any breach by the Customer of any warranty defined in section 8; (iii) any claim that the Customer’s content distributed via the Services caused damage to a third party.
9.2. In cases of an aforementioned enforcement of claims by third parties, the Customer will provide upstream with all their information that is needed for the examination of the claim and for the defense against it. The Customer provides the information immediately, truthfully, and completely.
9.3. The regulation of liability of the Customer or their obligation of indemnification shall apply to the same extent in the event of an act of a Member of the Customer.
10.1. upstream’s liability for damages caused by or related to the exercise of rights and obligations under this Agreement shall be excluded. The limitation of liability shall not cover
10.1.1. damage from injury to life, body or health caused by upstream;
10.1.2. damages caused by upstream that are a result of willful intent or gross negligence;
10.1.3. damages caused by upstream as a result of slight negligence in the event of upstream’s breach of an essential contractual obligation which is indispensable for the duly execution of the contract and thereby jeopardizes the achievement of the contract purpose and such damage is typically foreseeable at the time of the infringement;
10.1.4. upstream’s liability in the event of the assumption of a warranty if an obligation infringement covered thereby triggers upstream’s liability.
10.2. Liability under the Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz) shall remain unaffected.
10.3. The limitations and/or restrictions of upstream’s liability shall also apply to the personal liability of its legal representatives and vicarious agents.
10.4. upstream will not be liable hereunder by reasons of any failure to timely perform its services due to an event beyond its reasonable control, including acts of God.
The Customer agrees that upstream may use information of the Customer provided by them (i.e. the name/trademark) for marketing purposes as reference on the Website. The Customer may withdraw such consent by writing an email to upstream to email@example.com.
13.1. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany excluding the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and the conflict of laws provisions. Both Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Berlin.
13.2. Should any provision of this Terms of Service be or become invalid, ineffective or unenforceable as a whole or in part, the validity, effectiveness and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby. Any such invalid, ineffective or unenforceable provisions shall be deemed replaced by such valid, effective and enforceable provision as come closest to the economic intent and purpose as of such invalid, ineffective or unenforceable provisions as regard subject-matter, amount, time, place and extent. The aforesaid shall apply mutatis mutandis to any gap in these Terms of Service if any court has confirmed such proceeding.
13.3. upstream reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time without indicating the reasons. upstream will notify Customer of the changed Terms of Service on the Website or via email no later than two (2) weeks before the refined terms will take effect. In case Customer objects the new Terms of Service they may terminate the Contract with a period of two (2) weeks upon receipt of the information about the changes by upstream via the “termination” button within the Account.